Hello. My name is Akeena St. Martin. I loooove peanut butter cups.
That probably wasn’t the first thing you expected to read when you came to this page. I said that to show that I’m probably not that much different from you. I, too, eat foods that may not be, “good for you.”
I am a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and owner of AKS Nutrition. I’m originally from New York and currently based in Atlanta, Georgia. My mission is to provide nutrition counseling to adults seeking to improve their overall health without the use of fad diets and quick fixes.
When you work with me, you will receive nutrition counseling that is individualized to you and the goals you want to achieve. My philosophy is not to refer to foods as good and bad or to take the, “Eat this not that,” approach when it comes to eating healthier.
Restrictive, fad diets have been shown to not be very effective when it comes to achieving your nutrition goals. Eating healthy shouldn’t (and doesn’t) mean that you have to give up all of your favorite foods that may not contain a lot of nutrition. In other words, balance is key. Or, as they say, “Everything in moderation.”
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
- Georgia Department of Public Health Dietetic Internship
- Master of Science Degree in Clinical Nutrition from New York Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Biology from City University of New York at York College
- Member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
Fun Facts About Me
- I love almost anything peanut butter or strawberry flavored.
- I’ve been to St. Maarten three times.
- My favorite way to travel is by cruise ship.
- I like to drink coffee at night.